Monday, 14 December 2015

5 Hot Chocolate Topping Ideas


I love hot chocolates, they're perfect to keep you warm in Autumn and Winter and are so Christmassy too! One thing I like to do is experiment a bit with different toppings so I thought I'd share some topping ideas!

The Flake Hot Chocolate 
So once you've made your hot chocolate grab some cream and add it to the top, take a small flake, ones for ice creams are ideal or you could just literally break one in half stick that in the top like you would with an ice cream and crumble some more flake on top of the cream.

The Mickey Mouse Hot Chocolate 
I couldn't not do a Disney-related one could I? So once you've made your add chocolate and added some cream get two Oreos and place them either side of your cream too look like two ears, cute! You could just leave it like that or add some crushed Oreo and marshmallows too!

The Milky Bar Hot Chocolate 
This one you can see in the picture above. I added cream to my hot chocolate then used 1 stick from a Milky Bar Crisp (they're yummy) popped that into the cream then added some milky stars - and it tasted SO good, insert heart eye emoji here.

The Smarties Hot Chocolate
For a colourful hot chocolate, again add your cream then add some smarties on top, yum!

The Sprinkles Hot Chocolate
For this one you simply add some sprinkles whichever sprinkles you have they could be shaped ones hundreds and thousands any you like then add some chocolate chips and you're finished!

What are your favourite hot chocolate toppings? 

Sx

SHARE:

40 comments

  1. Can't beat a hot chocolate when it's cold! My current favourite is a Cadburys Hot Chocolate with squirty cream, marshmallows and chocolate buttons on the top! Definitely think I need to try the Mickey Mouse Hot Chocolate though! Yum!

    Jordan | JordanCourtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love a hot chocolate so I will have to try these this Christmas!

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh let me know which ones you try! x

      Delete
  3. I'm reading and drinking hot chocolate, love it! Not got any exciting toppings on mine though - I'll have to take some inspiration from your post for my next mug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh let me know which one you give a go! x

      Delete
  4. THE MILKY BAR HOT CHOCOLATE OMG. I will definitely be trying that one!

    Sian xo
    sian-kathrine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness these all sound amazing! I absolutely love hot chocolates - especially white hot chocolates. x

    Amy | The Perks of Being Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had a hot chocolate in so long! Love the milky stars topping! x

    Tamz || http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all sound so good! Can't go wrong with an amazing hot chocolate :)

    Hana | www.hanarosella.blogspot.co.uk ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially on the cold days! x

      Delete
  8. I adore hot chocolate and this is such a fab post! I especially love the Mickey Mouse idea it's genius!

    Lucy | lucyalana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuu! Had to have a dedicated Disney one! x

      Delete
  9. I usually have my hot chocolate without any toppings but I might one of your ideas a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I came to pop by here after tonights bdib chat. You have one nice blog here :) and these are some delicious ideas girlie! I especially love the Mickey Mouse one. I'll definitely try that one out :)
    Emma xx

    www.wellemma.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely post. Definitely going to try some of these, especially the one with milky stars on x

    Mollie Victoria Beauty | Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are really good ideas! My hot chocolates seem boring now haha. Happy new year x
    cour10eynoonan.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute post! Definitely got me craving hot chocolate now xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a unique blog post, I've never seen anything like this before! The ideas are also really cute. I love hot chocolate, I've never thought about decorating it because I'm not the biggest lover of cream or marshmallows, I'm intrigued by the milky stars, though. I might give it a try!

    Gail ~ www.sherbet-aurora.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo! These toppings sounds great, I added a shot of caramel and gingerbread syrup to my festive hot chocolate and topped with lots of cream and gingerbread popcorn. I'm hoping to try a chocolate orange one soon as a treat!
    Sam
    xx
    http://samcantfindit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used to drink a lot of hot chocolate when I was younger, but I don't know if I lost my sweet tooth or just forgot how much I liked it, but I haven't had a lot recently. We've just got the chocolate junks on a stick that you swirl into a cup of hot milk to melt, so I'm looking forward to try them. I might move onto toppings if I get my taste for it back!

    Lauren xx - bylaurenjane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum, I am so making some of these! I love a good hot chocolate

    Liza xx

    www.lizataitbailey.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh I so want hot chocolate now haha! I just got a keurig so I'm definitely going to be making some hot chocolate and this was just what I needed! They all sound so delicious! I especially like the Milky Bar one! I love Milky Bars!:)

    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Let me know if you do give one a try! :) x

      Delete
  19. Delish! I'm now craving hot chocolate!

    alexis @ thelittlebrunette

    ReplyDelete
  20. Made my mouth water haha! I'm trying to get healthier and here I am reading about the most delicious hot chocolate toppings, oops.

    hhappylittleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it means a lot! :) x

© It's The Blue Bow

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig